Small Cap Value
Consistently uncovering value
- Disciplined investment process consistently executed since 1996
- Team of 3 portfolio managers with an average of 22 years of experience
- Institutional client base limited to 35 clients
- Assets under management $947 million
Our proprietary valuation analysis and fundamental research approach guide us in identifying stocks that will return to a state of fair value, and outperform their peers.
Our Small Cap Value team employs a proprietary valuation process to identify the most inexpensive stocks in each sector which results in a candidate pool of 175 names. To discern true value from the merely cheap, the team conducts extensive fundamental research in search of one of our five Value Buy Criteria:
- Resolvable short-term problem
- Catalyst for change
- Unrecognized assets
- Fundamental undervaluation
- Take-over potential
The presence of our Value Buy Criteria increases the likelihood that an inexpensive stock will return to a state of fair value and outperform its peers.
Portfolios are fully invested in 90 to 110 holdings with no position exceeding 3.5% in weight. The portfolio is always diversified across all sectors at all times.